Wednesday 29 July 2009

New Tricks

Thursday night was the first in the new series of New Tricks on BBC1.

Amanda Redman (clearly the show's only bit of totty) and Dennis Watermen (not so much).

I had never watched the show before but I knew the premise was a bunch of retired police folk trying to solve old (unsolved) crimes. It began with one of the old codgers, Brian, checking into a religious rehab where one of the monks was Richard Wilson (I don’t believe it). Faye Ripley, who’s in everything at the moment, even popped up as a counsellor.
Within minutes Brian had the whiff of a mystery in his nose, just because Richard Wilson said “is this about what happened nine years ago?” Surely that could mean anything? It could be nine years ago I accidentally I dressed up like Madonna and sang like a virgin on karaoke.

However, sure enough it was an unsolved murder and the rest of the cronies got on board. I couldn’t help feeling that the way the clues came together and the way that the team worked stuff out was a bit easy and convenient (not that I’m a police detective) maybe I should be though if its that easy. I found it all a tad far fetched although it did keep me mildly entertained for an hour.

I can't say as I'll be watching it again though, give me the Bill anyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment