Thursday 16 July 2009

WEEK IN TV AND FILM: Monday


On Monday night ITV aired the first episode of seven part of drama Monday Monday.

The Drama stars Morven Christie as Sally a young woman trying to cope with the transfer of her office to Leeds. Sally who is also recovering from a break-up struggles as she tries to cover for her incompetent alcoholic boss, played by Faye Ripley who you may recognise from those Tesco adverts as well as other things. Things start off a little slow with lots of office talk about promotions that don’t really interest me.

The story really starts when Sally meets dishy (yes I said dishy) Steve in a pub and almost sleeps with him (but throws up). The next day Sally realises that he will be working in the same office as her as the PA to the deputy manager. Things get even worse when her boss asks her to attend an AA meeting for her and doesn’t show up; when she goes back to the office she finds Steve and the deputy manager caught up in an intimate moment.

Faye Ripley. The new face of Tescos. She must be proud!

The climax of the episode comes when Sally has finally had enough of her boss’s behaviour and punches her during a meeting, this was quite humorous. Sally and her boss are then both sacked however by the end of the episode due to some bribery everything is back to normal. This first episode shows that the series will mainly focus on Sally’s relationships with her Boss, her fun loving house mate and Steve the love interest.

The cast. Squint to see them closer!

A love triangle and friction in the workplace have already been set up, the programme is quite funny and I kind of want to see what will happen next week, well at least more than I want to see a giraffe being cut open on channel 4 (Inside Nature’s Giants is on at the same time on channel 4.)

I watched Juno afterwards which is hilarious. I love that film so much. I adore Michael Cera and the millions of one liners. I was loling and immediately filled my facebook status with the best quotes, I did the same when I was watching Knocked Up the other day. "They make his junk smell like pie!"

Both films have everything laughter, romance, tears or maybe I just like films involving pregnancy . . . oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment